Monday, September 28, 2009

Chicken Manor


Sunday after church a group of us gathered for some family-style eating at The Manor Restaurant (aka Chicken Manor). When my sister and I were little, it used to be the place to go and meet up with friends after church on Sundays. We didn't all attend the same church, but we often met to eat together. And if we didn't end up at Chicken Manor, it was usually down at the farm (our neighbors George & Mary). Friends ranged in age from newborn to 75+ years of age. No one was ever too young or too old to enjoy each others company. It was good to hang out with longtime friends. Later in the evening I headed to Aunt Charlotte & Uncle Bob's where they served up some chips, pretzels, & ice cream. (I definitely haven't gone hungry in these past few weeks...I think everyone is trying to fatten me up before I depart for Uganda!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment